Deep Time Walk C.I.C. (“DTW CIC”)
(Effective date of 27 September 2023.)
The Deep Time Walk™ website operated by DTW CIC provides registered users with access to the Deep Time Walk and associated content, products and / or services (the “Deep Time Walk Materials”). The Deep Time Walk Materials have been designed to provide a unique experience of Earth history.
DTW CIC may from time to time update this Privacy Notice. The date specified in brackets above indicates the last revision to this Privacy Notice. Changes to the Privacy Notice are accepted when posted on this website.
Deep Time Walk C.IC.
3 Hillbrook Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5AT, England
Company No.: 10157502
1. Who is the controller of personal data?
DTW CIC is the controller of personal information processed through the Deep Time Walk website. The relevant contact details are specified above.
2. What kind of data is collected?
The data collected by DTW CIC includes:
- Contact information and identifiers: this is information used to communicate with you, such as first and last name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, and postal address;
- Account information: Information that DTW CIC maintains in association with your registered account, such as your account number, username/user ID, password, information about your use of the relevant Deep Time Walk Materials and information about your registration and support inquiries;
- Internet or other similar network activity: Information collected when you visit the website, such as IP address, browsing history, information on your interaction with the website, browser type and language, operating system, location, date and time;
- Location information: Information about your physical location, such as if you provide your postal address or based on your IP address if you visit the Deep Time Walk website;
- Inferences: Information drawn from the personal data collected above, such as what topics you may be interested in based on the areas of the Deep Time Walk website you visit or what Deep Time Walk Materials you may be interested in based on your activity via the Deep Time Walk website; and
- Commercial and payment information: payment card details, record of purchase – this will only be collected where you purchase Deep Time Walk Materials via the Deep Time Walk website.
No additional data will be collected without your consent.
3. What is the legal basis for the collection of data?
The collection of data is based on the user`s consent to this Privacy Notice provided upon registration to the Deep Time Walk website. Registration to the Deep Time Walk website requires active user consent to the processing of personal data by DTW CIC.
4. How will the information be used?
DTW CIC uses the data to:
- identify and authenticate the user as an authorized user of Deep Time Walk Materials;
- provide the services and products offered by DTW CIC through the Deep Time Walk website (including any purchases made by the user for Deep Time Walk Materials);
- optimize the user experience;
- provide the user with information on DTW CIC’s related products, technology solutions and services; and
- fix errors and improve usability and effectiveness of the services offered to users.
DTW CIC may update the use of your data and will ask for your consent to any changes regarding how your data is processed. DTW CIC may also aggregate the data specified above.
Where required by applicable law, DTW CIC may be required to share data with government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities. DTW CIC will share said data in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
5. Online tracking and “Do Not Track” settings
Please note that the Deep Time Walk website does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings regarding the collection of personal data.
6. How long will the data be stored for?
The data is stored as long as necessary to provide our service to you in accordance with mandatory law.
7. What rights does the data subject have?
At all times, DTW CIC respects the following individual´s rights:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object and withdraw consent; and
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
8. How can the data subject raise a complaint?
If you have any concerns about privacy, or you want to erase all your personal information and data, please contact us at [email protected] with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. You can file a complaint with our principal supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office: Contact us | ICO. DTW CIC will process all such requests within one month.
9. The key principles of data collection and storage
- DTW CIC will process all data fairly and lawfully;
- DTW CIC will only process data for specified and lawful purposes;
- DTW CIC will not keep any data for longer than is necessary;
- DTW CIC will keep all data secure in accordance with applicable privacy laws; and
- DTW CIC will ensure that data is not transferred to countries outside of the country in which it is collected without adequate protection in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
10. What about cookies?
11. What about links to third-party services?
DTW CIC may include links to third-party services via the Deep Time Walk website. Your use of such third-party services and how your data is processed by such third party is regulated by the privacy notice of such third parties.
12. Are children allowed to use the Deep Time Walk Website?
DTW CIC does not intend to provide services directly to children. If you are under 18 or under the age of majority, you may use the Deep Time Walk website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
13. Does DTW CIC share personal data with third parties?
DTW CIC may share data with its authorized processors for processing on its behalf. DTW CIC shall use processors providing sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical security measures and organizational measures governing the processing carried out and will ensure compliance with those measures. DTW CIC will ensure that the processing is governed by a contract requiring the processor to only act in accordance with DTW CIC’s instructions and in compliance with data protection and privacy laws.
The data collected may be shared with third party service providers for the purpose of providing the Deep Time Walk Materials products and services to you or to government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement authorities. All data processed by such third parties shall be in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Such third-party service providers include: Royal Mail (for printing and paying for postage); PayPal and Stripe (for online payments via the online store deeptimewalk.org/store); Google Analytics, MailChimp, WooCommerce and for the DeepTimeWalk Apps, Apple Store and Google Play systems.
14. Does DTW CIC transfer my data internationally outside the market of collection
DTW CIC will ensure that information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable rules on data protection.
15. How secure is my data?
DTW CIC protects the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. It is important for you to take measures to protect against unauthorised access to your Deep Time Walk website password and to your computers, devices, and applications.